Monday, May 12, 2014

The World Wider Web

We have reached my final blog for my Strategic Communication & Emerging Media course. Professor Padgett has been an amazing instructor. He uses an unconventional format to teaching and I feel it is very beneficial to the class. Instead of multiple choice tests, we participated in class discussions and rather than writing scholarly papers, we each created a professional blog. I have learned so much through blogging. My future posts may not be as lengthy or frequent, but I plan on posting every so often. I would like to conclude with a few thoughts on the future of the web and I want to thank everyone who has taken the time to follow me throughout the term.

Ever think about how the internet has changed your life? The internet has only been in existence for 5,000 days. What’s next for the Web? What does the next 5,000 days hold? “The next 5,000 days is not only going to be the web and something better. It’s going to be smarter, more personalized, more ubiquitous in terms of filling your entire environment, and we will be in the middle of it.” (Kevin Kelly) It turns out that there is still huge unlocked potential for the web to serve you.

Tim Berners-Lee invented the internet a little over 20 years ago. He states that when he was trying to create the internet, it was really difficult to explain his vision to people. It’s like that again. “I want to think about a world where everybody has put data on the web and so virtually everything you can imagine is on the web and then calling it linked data.” (Tim Berners-Lee) He states that if we could provide more data on the web, we can make the world run better.

I look forward to see what the World Wider Web has in store for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment